(Associate) Clinical Trials Manager, IQVIA Biotech – MalaysiaMarch 15, 2023
Production Analyst – MalaysiaMarch 15, 2023
As an Evidence Strategy Lead within the Real World Solutions APAC team at IQVIA, you will be responsible for ideating and developing the therapeutic and/or operational strategy for real world evidence generation. The Evidence Strategy team own the client engagement and proposal development process for traditional and innovative study approaches under the umbrella of real world clinical research.
- Lead cross-functional teams to create effective study designs, delivery strategies and integrated solutions for multi-service studies (including global, regional and local remit) that are operationally feasible, and result in the award of new business.
- Provide direction, advice and leadership to clients and internal delivery teams:
- Address client specific needs and challenges of each customer and differentiate IQVIA from its competitors by incorporating and leveraging on a suite of IQVIA capabilities, services and experience.
- Collaborate with Sales to evaluate and manage new opportunities received from customers from receipt through to award decision. This may include, but is not limited to, requests for information (RFI), capabilities, request for proposals (RFPs), customer and bid defense meetings.
- Work with key internal stakeholders to analyze information and data that enables development of efficient and feasible delivery solutions. This may include, but is not limited to, protocol feasibility and risk management, identification of target site and principal investigator profiles, optimal country and site distributions, site initiation and patient recruitment modelling, assessment and management of the competitive landscape.
- Development and review of the budget (labor and pass-through costs) associated with the proposed project strategy. The budget should be competitive and in line with the contribution margin targets and pricing strategy agreed with Sales, leadership, and other stakeholders.
- Guide and mentor assigned Project Leader, or Clinical Project Manager (Real World Late Phase – RWLP), through a comprehensive handover of the project strategy and facilitate their understanding so that they can confidently present the project strategy to the client and the internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to team process improvement and talent development including lean initiatives, training, development, and coaching.
- A strong academic track record, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (required) and a relevant graduate qualification – MPH, MBA, PhD, MD (preferred)
- 5 to 8 years professional experience in consulting, pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with evidence of career progression
- Familiarity with real-world study methodologies including primary (eCRF, patient reported outcomes) and secondary data use (claims, EMRs, registries) through site-based or virtual/ digital data collection approaches
- Strong capability in managing proposal development for large and/or multiple projects and juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high-quality outcomes
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills, comfortable working with operations, epidemiology, medical and analytics teams
- Experience in developing credible relationships with scientific staff and leadership (e.g. Medical Affairs, Product Leads, HEOR experts, RWE Operations Leads, etc) in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals
- Flexible and able to work in situations where specifications may or may not be well defined and willing to support work in other therapeutic areas when required.
- Confident and capable in the use of technology, applications and other media e.g. databases and internet to research assess new opportunities, maintain currency of therapeutic and operational knowledge and competitive landscape.
- A track record of project leadership (required) and coaching of junior staff (preferred)
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com